Some people are more sensitive to anxiety and panic than others. Panic attacks and panic disorder may be more likely if you have a family history of panic disorder. They sometimes happen with no clear cause.
Panic attacks may also be brought on by:
- A health problem such as an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), or heart or breathing problems.
- Depression or another mood disorder.
- Heavy alcohol use.
- Using too much nicotine or too much caffeine.
- Taking certain medicines, such as those used to treat asthma and heart problems.
- Drug use.
- Living with high levels of stress for a long time.
You are consulting a general practitioner, and NOT a Psychiatrist or Psychologist. We treat only mild depression or anxiety. We do not provide counseling or treat severe or complex cases. We also DO NOT PRESCRIBE ANY CONTROLLED DRUGS